Saturday, September 24, 2022

Facebook Memorials

 On our just completed jaunt to North Carolina's Outerbanks (OBX to the trendy) I found myself sitting on the Eastern bank of the bayside (on Dock street of all places) to watch one of the spectacular sunsets.

It brought to mind Dale Weber's frequent posts of Carolina sunsets on the shore of his lake so even though he's been gone a couple of years, I felt compelled to post on his Facebook page to share my sunset photo because I knew he would have liked it. And that made me think about the frequent practice of families to maintain a loved one's FB page even though they are gone as evidence of their loved one' life. 

Many of our deceased classmates still have active FB pages and many of us automatically wish them a Happy Birthday out of reflex or common practice or courtesy when Facebook reminds us that their birthday is here. I'm guilty too only to discover or remember rather sheepishly that they are gone and have been for quite a while. I've since decided that rather than be embarrassed, I will now post on the pages of classmates long gone as though they were still here since to me anyway, as long as I remember them, they aren't really gone. So Happy Birthday Martha Hunt Utter. Here's to fond memories we shared at the 45th Reunion and on Facebook. We remember and will continue to do so every year as long as your Facebook page continues to exist and beyond.





































No comments:

Post a Comment